The N.C. Division of Employment Security now offers a mobile app for claimants of unemployment benefits! Current claimants can use the NCDES mobile app to conveniently:
- File weekly certifications for benefits.
- Check claim and payment statuses.
- View important documents and notifications from NCDES.
Available now in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store!
Accessing the app:
- Download the NCDES Mobile App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- To use the app, you must be a current claimant with a DES online account and active claim. You will use your NCDES username and password to sign into the app.
- Please note that you cannot reopen or file a new claim from the app. You will need to access the des.nc.gov website via your phone or a computer to perform these actions.
You can use the app to:
- File your weekly certifications. File weekly certifications for UI, PEUC or PUA claims. When your certification is complete, you will receive a confirmation number.
- Check your claim status. Status includes claim duration, weekly benefit amount, remaining balance details.
- View your payment status. Status includes date and status of payments, amount and payment method.
- View important documents and notifications from NCDES. PDF versions of notices can be accessed by clicking on Documents in the drop down menu located in the upper-left corner of the screen.
There is a Notifications Bell on the top-right corner of the screen to indicate when you have a message. You will receive a message when:
- You have a new document to view.
- Your Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment (RESEA) appointment has been scheduled.
- Your appeals hearing has been scheduled.
- NCDES needs additional information from you.