1. Click on ‘Create an Online Account’ on the DES homepage, des.nc.gov.
2. Enter your Social Security Number twice.
3. Select ‘Next.’ On the ‘User Account Creation’ page:
- Create a User Name (Remember: you will need this to sign in).
- Enter a valid email address twice.
- Enter your contact phone number.
- Create a Password (Must be at least 8 characters and include an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number 1-9 and special character).
4. Select ‘Create Account.’
5. You can now Sign In at des.nc.gov. Use the User Name and Password you entered when creating your Online Account in Step 3.
*If you have questions or need assistance, contact the DES Customer Call Center at 888-737-0259.
Please contact the Customer Call Center (CCC) at 888-737-0259.
Click on the Sign in link or button and use the ‘Forgot/Reset password’ option provided.
You need to Sign in to the website and select the ‘Account Settings’ presented top left.
Yes, the user will be provided five (5) attempts to sign-in with the correct password. The number of attempts can occur all at once or over a period of time. The system will keep count of the sign-in attempts and reset the counter back to zero, once the correct information is entered into the system.
Yes, users not submitting any data or accessing pages from the home-screen (inactivity) will be locked out after sixty (60) minutes and will need to sign back in.